How to Book
Most API users send bookers to Booking.com for the reservation process. Partners who need to use the API for bookings must be PCI DSS-compliant and have the appropriate contracts in place. See the [support section](https://developers.booking.com/api/help/index.html) for questions about partner access to endpoints.
## Linking to Booking.com
Use the output field **hotel_url** available on the **/hotels**, **/hotelAvailability**, and **/blockAvailability** endpoints to retrieve the property’s Booking.com URL.
## Booking via the API
Use the **/processBooking** endpoint to send guest bookings via the API. Partners must have an SSL certificate in order to use **/processBooking**. Since customer details and credit card information will be collected, the partner must be PCI DSS-compliant. Note that Booking.com will send the booking confirmation to both the property and the guest.
**Important:** Use test_mode=1 for testing **/processBooking** but NEVER as a method for checking availability and NEVER in a production environment. Always use the availability endpoints for this purpose.
The Booking.com reservation process offers two different confirmation messages: an on-screen confirmation message which can be printed by the guest, and a confirmation email sent to the email address the guest provided. If **/processBooking** is used to finalize the reservation, Booking.com’s on-screen confirmation message will not be deployed. An on-screen confirmation message needs to be presented via the partner's website according to the following specifications:
- The Booking.com logo should be visible.
- The Booking.com reservation number needs to be in the confirmation message, near the Booking.com logo.
- Guest names as sent to the Booking.com server via **/processBooking** need to be displayed clearly in the confirmation message.
- No prices or room descriptions should be displayed in the confirmation message. This information will be present in the Booking.com confirmation email.
- The on-screen confirmation message needs to be approved by the Booking.com support team.
- Booking.com will send the confirmation email directly to the guest. Price and room description information will be present in the Booking.com confirmation email.
- The **guest_name** input parameter in **/processBooking** should be the first and last name of the booker.