How to Book
Most API users send bookers to Booking.com for the reservation process. Partners who need to use the API for bookings instead must be PCI compliant and have the appropriate contracts in place. See the [support section](https://developers.booking.com/api/help/index.html) for questions about partner access to endpoints.
## Linking to Booking.com
**Important:** These examples must be altered before using them in a production environment. Change the AID value and remove any test parameters. [Contact support](https://developers.booking.com/api/help/index.html) for more information.
**Stage 0: Check availability**
**Stage 1: Select room**
**Note:** If no rooms are available the visitor will be redirected to stage 0.
** Stage 2: Your details**
## Booking via the API
Use the processBooking endpoint to send guest bookings via the API.
Partners must have an SSL certificate in order to use processBooking. All customer details and credit card information will also be collected, so the partner must be PCI compliant.
Note that Booking.com will send the booking confirmation to the hotel and guest.
**Important:** Use test_mode=1 for testing processBooking but NEVER as a way to check availability and NEVER in a production environment. Always use the availability endpoints for this purpose.
The reservation process of Booking.com offers two different confirmation messages: an on-screen confirmation message which can be printed by the guest directly, and a confirmation email sent to the guest's email address. In the case of using processBooking to finalize the reservation the on-screen confirmation message of Booking.com will not be used. An onscreen confirmation message needs to be presented via the partner's website according the following specification:
- The Booking.com logo should be visible.
- The Booking.com reservation number needs to be on the confirmation message, near the Booking.com logo.
- Guest names as sent to the Booking.com server via processBooking need to be displayed clearly on the confirmation message.
- No prices or room description should be displayed on the confirmation message. The rates and room information mentioned in the Booking.com confirmation email is always leading.
- The on-screen confirmation message needs to be verified by the Booking.com support team.
- The confirmation email will be sent by Booking.com to the guest directly. The information mentioned on the confirmation email will be leading. It may be useful to mention this clearly on your online confirmation message and on your website.
- The first guest_name should be the first and last name of the booker.